LIFE UPDATE: WHAT'S NEXT FOR MY BLOG

Good morning, everyone! I’m here today with a status update. It’s nearing the start of April, and I’ve written twenty blog posts already. Hard to believe how quickly time passes! I’d swear just a few weeks ago we were celebrating the New Year. And with the current global situation, time appears to be passing differently.

As many others around the world, my community is going through a social isolation. The coronavirus has already got here. I was half surprised when I found out. As I’ve mentioned before, I have a low opinion of my town. It’s boring, so noteworthy stuff rarely happens here. No offense to anyone, but a pandemic qualifies as noteworthy. I also thought it’d take longer for the virus to arrive because most people here aren’t well traveled. Only those who are wealthy or in big business can afford to go anywhere other than Canada or Mexico. 

It’s been a little over a week since city officials ordered us to self-isolate. I’m not sure how much longer it’s going to last. Personally, I’m not too worried. This isn’t a drastic change from my usual routine. I wouldn’t call myself a hermit, but with so few exciting places to go, staying home is fine to me. And even without a job I have plenty of ways to occupy my time. Other than running this blog, I enjoy reading, playing videogames, and watching TV. I have a dog to care for as well (a German Shepherd/Boxer mix). And I’m actively looking for a job despite the current situation. I’m hoping to land a remote job, preferably as a proofreader. Not only would I like it, it’s something I’m good at.

Right now, I’m thinking about where to take my blog next. Ivan’s Insights doesn’t get a lot of online traffic yet. It’s still a recently launched blog, though. And I like having someplace to share my interests with the world. Not long ago, I dreamed of being a book blogger. I chose not to go that route because it’s a huge time commitment. I can’t get through as many books as several book bloggers I know. Besides, I wanted Ivan’s Insights to be a hobby, not a full-time job. My blog has three main topics, but it’s not as much of a time commitment as it sounds. I have no plans to add any more topics, though. Any more than three and my blog might lose its identity.

I feel like I made a great choice starting this blog. Despite being a very private person, I enjoy sharing my opinion about books. I also like that it gives me a way to show my knowledge of tech and languages. My goal is for it to supplement my resume. I hope that when this pandemic situation is over, I can land a good job. Then I’ll be able to live in a better city and buy more books. Anyway, that’s it for now. Have a good day! I’ll keep posting articles as usual. I have an interesting and timely one in mind for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment