STATUS UPDATE: A FEW CHANGES ARE COMING FOR MY BLOG

Good morning! I’m here with a new update. These past few weeks, all I’ve been posting are book reviews. They’re supposed to go live on Wednesdays and Fridays. I’ve been preoccupied lately, so I’ve missed some of those Friday posts. A couple of weeks ago, I applied to a tech-related job. It seemed just what I was looking for. I’m in charge of technology at my house, so being a computer technician would greatly suit me. I got the interview and have been waiting to hear back. Unfortunately, it appears I didn’t get the job. I haven’t heard back from the employer. I thought I’d aced the interview, even though my tech skills are a little rusty. I confess I didn’t expect to find a job like that in my city anytime soon. That’s why I’ve put a bit more focus on my language and proofreading skills this year. 

Lately, I’ve been spending more time looking for work. Options are limited in my town, so I’ve looked at some other cities in Texas. Georgetown, Round Rock, and The Woodlands have caught my eye. They’re all medium-sized cities within driving distance of major cities. Austin and Houston have way more job openings per week than my town. I’ve been job-searching long enough to make the rough calculation. Also, they’re much, much better cities than where I currently live. I would move right away if I could get a job within the first couple of weeks.

Due to my new endeavor, I’m putting less priority on tech-related blog posts. For the time being, my focus will be language and book-related posts. I might still write tech-related articles, but they won’t be a main topic anymore. One reason for the change is that I’ve realized something about myself over the time I’ve had this blog. I’ve found that despite being highly knowledgeable in technology, writing articles on the subject doesn’t come very easy. I think it’s because my knowledge is mostly practical. I learned about tech so I could fix and maintain devices, not so I could write articles. It appears that being tech-savvy doesn’t mean one can write a lot of content.

That’s it for now. I’ll continue posting new articles every Wednesday and Friday. Meanwhile, I’m continuing to look for a job. I’m eager to return to work. Being at home all day sounds nice on paper, but in reality it’s not very appealing. One needs purpose, and to do something that matters. I really hope I can find work this summer. Anyway, until next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment