NEW YEAR, NEW LOOK, AND A NEW VISION

Good morning, everyone! This blog is officially back from the holidays. I hope you all had a great time, whether you spent it with friends or family. It's finally 2021, and I for one wish that this year is better than the previous. It looks like things will get as back to normal as they can get. Even an introvert homebody like me can get sick of rarely spending time away.

As it's a new year, I decided to change the look of Ivan's Insights. It definitely looks a lot better now. The header is now my favorite shade of blue, rather than the newspaper-like white I had before. Also, the posts now contrast from the background. They look almost like sheets of paper now, which looks nice and fitting for my blog. I admit I didn't think it was possible to make a blog this good-looking with Blogger. I'm familiar with Wordpress and its themes, most of which are better than Google's. Blogger has impressed me now, though. I'm pleased with the new look of Ivan's Insights.

The looks aren't the only thing changing about my blog, though. It's been a year since I launched Ivan's Insights, and I believe I've found my groove. Book reviews are the whole reason I started it, so they're here to stay. I'm also reinstating my tech-related blog entries. Computers and tech fascinates me, and I know a lot about the subject. A reason I suspended the blog's tech category was that I imagined writing long posts. I read sites like PCMag, Android Central, and Macworld regularly, and I fancied myself coming up with articles like those they have. I can't do that, though, and besides, Ivan's Insights is not and never will be a news blog. So I've decided to make my tech advice posts concise yet helpful.

That also means I'm dropping this blog's language learning category. I enjoyed learning French much and had a bit to share on the subject. In addition, I decided to start learning Russian last May. Despite that, I don't consider myself a polyglot or an authority in language learning. I'm not going to learn another language once I've mastered Russian. Also, even though I have an extremely advanced mastery of English and a significant handle on French, teaching about grammar and mechanics isn't my forte. I know what nouns, adjectives, prepositions, and the like are. Explaining the nitty-gritty, though? That's beyond me.

So, that's it. I've settled on two categories for Ivan's Insights: book reviews and tech advice. I'm publishing one or two book reviews per week. The tech posts will be less frequent, but I'll aim to publish at least two a month. I need that time to work on ideas and develop them. In addition, I have several other things to do with my time. The major one is looking for employment. I really need to find a steady job, even if it's part-time. I can't be too choosy, but I'd love a job related to books, technology, or languages (translation or proofreading). They'd suit me more than any others.

No comments:

Post a Comment