WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Good morning, everyone! My name is Ivan, and this is Ivan’s Insights. After debating it for some time, I’ve decided to join the world of blogging. I have a few reasons for this, which I’ll go over after the jump. They’ll provide the idea of what my blog will be all about.

A major reason I’m launching this blog is to show my skills in technology and languages. I wanted to have my own website partly to help my career goals. To that end, some of my posts will be about technology tips. I have broad knowledge in that area from my years of using computers and mobile devices. I’m also a former IT support technician who decided to switch careers. Although I like working in technology, I realized tech support itself isn’t the right field for me. I’m currently on the lookout for a new job, especially one that’s a good match to my skills. 

I will also post articles about writing and language. Before working as a technician, I was an aspiring fiction writer. Apart from being one of my dream jobs, I became one due to the trouble I had finding work after college. I’m not the type to just sit at home doing nothing. Despite my best efforts, being an author didn’t pan out for me. Still, that experience (and my love of reading books) gave me substantial knowledge of the English language. I’ve also been teaching myself French since 2016. I chose it because it’s a beautiful language, and I also wish to visit Europe one day. Today I’m at about level B2 of the CEFR fluency scale. 

My other reason to start a blog is to share my favorite books with the world. I’ve been an avid reader since being introduced to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 8th grade (it was assigned for my English class to read). Over the years I’ve read lots more books, and reviewed the ones I liked most. I’ve written several reviews on Goodreads.com, all of which will eventually be here. I also want to write Favorite Books of the Year kind of posts. It’s December, so I’ll publish a post like that very soon. I’ve already chosen my list of top books read in 2019. 

There you have it! Those are the main topics I’ll be writing about in my blog. About half of the content will be book-related, and the rest will be about tech and languages. I’ll write primarily in English, but some of my posts will also have versions in French. This will help me improve my fluency level. So, until next time. I'm Ivan, and I hope you’ll follow me through my blogging journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment