STATUS UPDATE: BLOG POST #100

Good morning! I am back with another status update. This post is special for one reason: it’s the 100th to be published to this blog. That’s a milestone I didn’t feel like passing by without mention. It’s been more than a year since I launched Ivan’s Insights. As I’ve mentioned, the main reason I started this blog was to share my book reviews. I’m an avid reader, so I’ve read a lot of books over most of the past decade. I wrote reviews almost from the beginning, but didn’t think of publishing them until later.

I’m still posting new book reviews. That isn’t going to run out; I read an average of one novel per week. I took a break this past late May and early June because of a trip. I already had my Covid-19 vaccination, and in good time. I was able to visit family who live out of the state. This trip was a breath of fresh air as well. I haven’t left my city at all since the pandemic started. Now that I’m vaccinated, I’m hoping to have more freedom to go out more often eventually.

At the moment, I’m still looking for work. There’s a short-term opportunity I came into recently, but I still have an eye out for something more permanent. I’m already thirty (I know, time flew by) so it’s time I settled into a career. If nothing pans out by the time the year ends, I’ll have to go to Plan B: going back to college so I can get a degree that’ll prove I know my stuff. I’m not attending any school in the country, though. I’ve nearly mastered French, so I thought I would put it to good use. Some time ago, I learned how much universities in France cost. U.S. schools are incredibly expensive, whereas several equivalent French schools are much more reasonable. I’m not making any solid plans right now, though. Going back to school is a step I likely won’t have to take.

That’s it for now. My next book review will be posted right after this update. It’s Wednesday, which means it’s new book review day. I’ve stuck to a weekly schedule for Ivan’s Insights now. That’s a nice pace for me. As to tech-related articles, I’ve decided to lower their priority. My blog’s not getting stellar traffic, so writing and researching tech articles takes more effort than it's worth. I didn’t start Ivan’s Insights to make money from it directly, anyway. I will stick mostly with book reviews and throw in a tech article when inspiration strikes. So, until next time. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment